Best Golf Iron set Reviews
Being a golfer, you are naturally focused on attaining the best golf performance. Without much doubt, owning the Best golf iron sets for what money can buy is an important tool to start with. The regular and soft golf iron helps you hit every stroke effortlessly.Irons come in sets and usually range from numbers 3 to 9 or PW(pitching wedge). Their club heads are smaller compared to woods, mainly when compared from the front to the back, they are very thin. Most of the golf irons possess solid heads and few others are hollow.
Irons have their lofts (angled faces) engraved with grooves that control the ball and imparts spin! Irons are used for fairway shots or tee shots.
As you gain experience as a golfer, it is undeniable that merely having the best golf iron sets will not serve the purpose if you don’t know which are the best to use. So how do you find the best golf iron sets?
Our best golf iron sets reviews and buyer’s guide will assist you to improve your game better. The iron sets that you see in the review all consist of graphite or carbon steel making them the best golf iron sets for improving your game. The reviews will help you to buy the suitable golf irons to get your playing skills, level of expertise, and comfort high! So no matter if you have just started playing golf or a professional you will find the perfect iron sets for your game!
15 Best Golf Iron Sets:
|Ranking||Brand & Model||Shaft Material||Weight||Price|
|1||Graphite, Steel||7 Pounds||Check Price|
|2||Graphite||6.8 Pounds||Check Price|
|3||Steel||1 Pounds||Check Price|
|4||Steel||10.4 Pounds||Check Price|
|5||Graphite||1 Pounds||Check Price|
|6||Graphite||5.6 Pounds||Check Price|
|7||Steel||8 Pounds||Check Price|
|8||Graphite, Steel||7.2 Pounds||Check Price|
|9||Steel||8.9 Pounds||Check Price|
|Steel||7.6 Pounds||Check Price|
|Graphite||272 Grams||Check Price|
|Graphite, Steel||8.4 Pounds||Check Price|
|Steel||272 Grams||Check Price|
|14||Steel||7.6 Pounds||Check Price|
|15||Graphite, Steel||7.4 Pounds||Check Price|
TaylorMade Golf M2 Iron Set
TaylorMade is among the top manufacturers of golf products with their cutting edge technology. The TaylorMade M2 Golf Iron Set is on top of the list of best golf iron sets. The Iron Set is made using Geocoustic engineering and ultra-low CG & Max core has pushed the limits for iron designs!
- Face Slot: M2 irons have engineered face slots to deliver extra forgiveness on shots struck from the heel/toe.
- Speed Pocket technology: The Speed pocket technology complement the face slot technology and controls distance on shots struck low while also producing a high launch.
- Ultra-low CG & Max – COR: the light-weighted fluted hosel and the ultra-thin 1mm top line and moves the CG lower thus providing a high launch and great distance. The Max-COR face which is 1.5mm thick delivers consistency on every strike.
- Geocoustic Engineering: the combination of geometry shaping and acoustic management dulls the vibrations and delivers a sound and feel that inspires confidence!
Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Iron Set
Cleveland is popular for its irons and woods. The most recent to hit the market is the Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Iron Set to hit the best golf iron sets list. This iron gives the dual benefits of simplicity and performance even for recreational players offering straighter shots, higher launch, and forgiveness.
- Hollow clubheads: the club heads are hollow and enclosed fully to enable better stability than the regular cavity-backed ones. This construction maintains the weight within the clubhead’s perimeter producing high MOI and consistent ball speed.
- HiBore Crown design: the HiBore crown design shifts the center of gravity deeper and lowers it than that in the regular irons. This further enhances the launch and forgiveness making HB irons an easier playing option.
- Strong faceplate: the HB launcher comes with an extremely strong yet thin faceplate – HT1170. The thin plates reduce perimeter weight and enable better flex at impact delivering high ball speeds and distance covered.
- Lightweight shafts: the HB iron is made of Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts that weigh only 50g. These lightweight upgraded shafts result in easy and faster swings!
LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual
LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons are the Best golf iron sets you can find with excellent quality and relatively lower prices. The premium iron is great for professional golfers and recreational players. This iron comes with a stepped steel shaft, custom grips, and great flex. It is very well suited for right-handed male players.
- Super quality: the premium golf iron has excellent quality that is required for a good golf iron. It is manufactured in the same place as other top iron sets
- Great ball spin: the stepped steel shaft with LARUS standard grips and deep etches on the faceplate result in great control and consistency of the ball through the fairway, rough or fringe
- Great value: suitable for amateurs and professionals, the iron comes with the best quality and performance. With a 100% risk, free purchase option the iron comes with unbeatable value!
MAZEL single length Golf Club Irons Set for Men & Women, Right/Left Hand
MAZEL’s single length irons are the latest on the list of best golf irons sets designed for amateurs and professionals as well. The single length iron sets were designed to reduce the complications of playing the game and make it fun for everyone.
- Single lengths and weight: all the irons have uniquely designed graphite shafts. the iron’s single shaft length and single weight making them swing without much difficulty.
- High-performance grip – the rubber grip gives an easy hold, good grip, and absorbs sweat easily. The stainless steel lowers unnecessary vibrations thus providing a stable and comfortable grip.
- Hollow design: the 4-5 irons’ come with hollow design lowering the CG and improving the hit precision.
- Wider soles: MAZEL’s single length irons come with wider soles. These irons enable better forgiveness and improve distance
TaylorMade Golf M6 wedge
The TaylorMade Golf M6 wedge irons are the best golf iron sets for achieving great distance and increased forgiveness enabling every strike to be straight and farther than ever before.
- Speed Bridge structures: the bar at the top of the club’s backside adds extra stability, decreases vibration, and enhances sound at impact. The speed bridge further adds stiffness around the perimeter preventing energy loss and increasing the ball speed. It also supports the Speed Slot for improving distance
- HYBRAR compression damper: this enables better sound at impact by absorbing unnecessary vibrations on the face
- Inverted Cone Technology (ICT): ICT is used for making the ultra-thin design on iron’s face. This design enables higher ball speed anywhere across the face
- Fluted hosel & 360 degrees undercut: this design allows the weight to be moved lower and thus lowers the center of gravity. This allows a higher launch angle and improves playability.
Cobra Men’s 2018 F- Max one length Golf Iron Set
The Cobra’s F-MAX ONE Length Irons are the best golf iron sets for their lightweight and extra forgiveness. The F-MAX ONE Length Irons are specially engineered for golfers who use moderate swinging speed. The overall design of the F-MAX ONE Length Iron is simple along with its light shaft and swing weight delivering consistency to your game.
- Lightweight Technology: the F-MAX ONE length Irons come with lighter shaft weight for more extra speed and distance. The lighter swing weight works wonders as they generate more head speed and increased distance for less effort.
- Offset hosel design: this design creates a high launch angle for straight and accurate strikes with the Back/Heel center of Gravity weighting
- Clubhead construction: The low profile clubhead design lowers the center of gravity and thus produces a high launch angle. The ball speed is improved even on mishits as the undercuts produce extra flex at impact.
Wilson Staff D-200 Combo Irons (7 Club set)
The Wilson Staff D-200 Combo Irons are the best golf iron sets designed for inspiring confidence, accuracy, and power for distance. The D-200 iron encompasses Sole Speed technology along with toe to heel transition, resulting in improved ball speed and distance.
- Speed Sole Technology: this technology enables a thin heel-to-sole transition, producing a driver-like CT in the mid 230s. This design enables the iron to flex at the lower face for achieving more distance.
- Light technology: the iron has been rightly weighted to swing the club faster with little effort and yet delivers improved distance
- Toe and heel weight pods: the weight is positioned low and around the clubhead’s perimeter for extra forgiveness
Taylormade Golf M2 Combo Set
The Taylormade M2 Irons are the best golf iron sets if you are a golfer who is serious about his/her game. Although very expensive, this iron set is designed using the latest technologies for better performance and efficiency. If you planned to play golf seriously henceforth, the M2 Iron set is worthy to be on your side.
- Upgraded Face Slot: the face slot has got some upgradations. The face profile and the hosel are built with a shallow design. To lower the CG, 33% of the leading edge and the top line of the head have been thinned thus enabling high flight trajectory. The overall result is extra forgiveness, tremendous ball speed, natural high trajectory.
- Ultra-thin Speed Pocket: this feature is also presented in the 4 to 7 irons. The speed pockets are positioned in the sole and enable a large unsupported face. This results in enhanced ball speed even on mis-hits across the face. The speed pocket is critical for increased forgiveness and extra distance.
- Fluted Hosel: the fluted hosel design has reduced the weight in the hosel. The thinner and lighter hosel now allows for swifter swings and the CG lower.
Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue X Irons Set
The Callaway Rogue X Irons bring the best golf iron sets with Japanese technology. The 360 degrees Face Cup technology and the VFT technology enable more forgiveness and faster ball speed. The rogue X irons are lighter and longer compared to the Rogue Irons. You get to experience greater distances with these irons than any others before.
- 360 Face Cup + VFT technology: this technology gives the clubface an expanded portion, thus producing faster ball speeds. Face Cup technology employed a flexible and shallow rim around the face’s perimeter that enables flex at impact promoting ball speed and distance
- Elastic-urethane microspheres: Urethane microspheres are used to dull the
- tungsten -infused Internal Standing Wave(ISW): the tungsten-infused ISW is twice heavier than steel and concentrates weight in the long irons, lowering the CG and thus elevating optimum launch and control at each strike.
Titleist 718 AP3 Irons (Steel) (Regular Flex- 4-AW, Right)
Titleist 718 AP3 Irons are the best golf Iron Sets being both long and fast. They give the best of both AP1 and AP2 Irons. It is suitable for both players. Thus the iron sets come with a unique face technology and hollow -blade design along with High MOI for faster ball speed and greater distance.
- Hollow Blade Construction
The Titleist 718 AP3 Irons are constructed with a hollow blade system which in combination with the unsupported thin L-face enables longer and higher shots
- High-MOI design
The Titleist 718 AP3 Irons have 84.9 grams of tungsten per head on an average. The weight is placed lower and in the toe of the mid and long irons gives more ball speeds across the face, providing the experience of a game improvement iron
- Unique head shape
The new head shape is appealing to most golfers looking for forgiveness and distance while enjoying solid feel and control
Wilson Staff Golf Men’s D7 Irons (Sold as Set)
Wilson Staff D7 Irons has entered the best golf iron sets for game improvement with a few impressive upgrades recently. The D7 Irons come with three Power Holes on the sole of 4-7 Irons and ultra-thin face that is more responsive and maximizes distance. The RE.AKT technology is smart, simple, and is designed for short and long-distance games.
- Gradual power holes: the D7 Irons come with 3 rows of power holes for maximum distance in the long Irons and the short Irons have few power holes with enhanced weighting for great precision and feel.
- Thinner Face: the utterly thin face design is an outstanding feature of Wilson staff among the others. The thinner face delivers better response and feels than thicker face designs.
- Set composition: the Wilson Staff D7 Irons set is a 7 piece set that includes all the irons that golfers mostly need on the course. These Iron sets are everything you need for all your strikes
- Look: most golfers weigh appearance as much as the quality. The straight lines, clean top line, and the silver matte finish make them appealing!
TaylorMade Golf M6 Irons
TaylorMade M6 Irons are the best golf Iron sets you will need if you are stuck between choosing distance and feel. Speed Bridge Technology has allowed crucial changes in the design. The added stiffness around the head prevents energy loss and thus aids in improved ball speed. TaylorMade’s ultimately thin face along with the ICT enables ball speeds across the face.
Speed Bridge Technology: the speed bridge stabilizes the topline and upper face of the iron along with HYBRAR vibration damping technology.
HYBRAR compression damper filters: the HYBRAR vibration damper absorbs unnecessary vibrations quickly at impact delivering a solid and soft feel.
Fluted hosel & 360 degrees undercut: this feature allows for an extremely low and deeper CG by transferring the weight to the head design. The high MOI delivers stability and forgiveness for easier handling.
Speed Pocket: the speed pocket further increases the rigidity in the topline and the upper face delivering enhanced sound and feel. The flexible speed pocket also enables increased ball speed
TaylorMade RocketBladez 2.0 Iron Set LH 4-PW Steel Stiff
The TaylorMade RocketBladez 2.0 is the best golf Iron set for low to mid-high handicap players. The results are based on the research that most impact ha[ppens below the face center and thus the CG is reduced by distributing weight to the lower part of the irons. The Inverted Cone technology and the speed pockets filled with polyurethane guarantee fantastic feel, dulls vibrations, and lowers directional dispersion.
- Ultra-thin face design: The extremely thin face design offers enhanced ball speed with its flex and rebounds feature
- Speed pockets: The speed pockets are filled with polyurethane material quietens vibrations and give a great feel
- Improved ICT: Improved ICT offers extra forgiveness across the clubface and thus improves accuracy
- Lower CG: the weight is distributed strategically moving 17.5 grams to bring the CG to lower and to the center. This results in a high launch angle and soft landings.
- Speed Pocket Technology: the ultra-thin face along with the speed face technology promotes greater ball speed and distance. This feature is supported by high MOI and the Inverted cone design for added forgiveness.
TaylorMade SIM MAX OS Irons, Steel Shaft
TaylorMade SIM MAX OS irons are the best golf club Irons for high-handicap golfers looking to improve performance. The difference between the SIM MAX and SIM MAX OS irons is that the same technology has been delivered with an oversized head and a taller for higher stability. The Oversized (OS) Irons face is long providing a great distance, feel, and plenty of forgiveness. It is a fair deal with excellent quality and reasonable price.
Speed Bridge Technology: the TaylorMade SIM MAX OS Irons have an upgraded version of the Speed bridge technology. The Irons are engineered with speed pockets to improve the flexibility of the face for greater distance and forgiveness. The speed bridge preserves energy for a long distance and the low center of gravity enables a better trajectory
ECHO Damping System: The TaylorMade SIM MAX OS irons come with the new ECHO Damping System in the iron heads. This new geometry for channeling eliminates unwanted vibrations while retaining flexibility in the face for better feel and sound.
Progressive Inverted Cone Technology: The SIM MAX OS Irons have engineered ICT at the toe in the 4-iron to enlarge the sweet spot for reducing mishits. The ICT is positioned at the face’s center on all the mid irons.
TaylorMade SIM MAX irons
The TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons are among the top best golf iron sets in the market for their game improvement technology enhancements. The SIM MAX Irons are here aiming for distance and forgiveness. The deep cavity back ensures playability and the ECHO dampener polymer behind the clubface nullifies the vibrations. Overall the SIM Irons have an excellent appeal and one of the cast-forged iron models in 2020.
ECHO damping system: The ECHO damping system is located in the clubhead and is spread from toe to heel to help reduce the vibrations at impact. The channel around the head allows the compression of the damper at impact and thus delivers a forged iron sound.
Ultra-thin face: the face in SIM MAX irons is 1.5mm i.e. thinner than M5 and M6 irons giving it more flexibility
Inverted Cone Technology: the ICT is situated in different places for each iron to maximize the sweet spot and more guidance to assist mis-hits
Speed bridge: the speed bridge runs on the Iron’s cavity back by giving stability of the face and supports the topline. This results in nullifying unwanted vibrations improve ball speed and enhance the feel.
Appearance: the soft blue, black and grey colors are soothing and well- suited on the greens.
Thru-slot speed pocket: the speed pockets separate the edge from the Iron’s sole. This results in a free-floating and much flexible face delivering extra ball speed, and forgiveness on lower surface strikes.
One of the most neglected product categories is golf shafts. If not neglected, they are misunderstood. The shaft is similar to the transmission in the club by connecting the player’s hands to the clubhead and allows the golfer to transfer their power to the clubhead, and thus to the golf ball. Therefore choosing the right shaft for all your clubs is inclusive for gaining consistency in your game. The right shaft will provide you with the best chances to strike in the center of the face. The golf shafts affect your game. Here are a few things you need to know before you start hunting for the right shafts.
Types of Shafts
Steel shafts are usually made using carbon steel although sometimes stainless steel is used. The steel shafts are adored by many golfers as they don’t experience the lateral twisting or the torque and offer greater control on shots as well as accuracy. However, steel shafts require a faster swing speed thus they are recommended for golfers with good swing speed.
Steel shafts come in two main types – Stepped steel shaft and Rinse steel shaft. In the stepped steel Shafts, an advanced manufacturing process is used for the step pattern to deliver more flexibility and consistency.
Rinse Steel Shaft, the construction of the shaft uses electronic calibrations to match its frequency with the flex of the club. However, this shaft’s steel doesn’t have any step pattern and is smooth all over.
In general, graphite shafts are more expensive and less durable than steel shafts. These shafts are lightweight and thus offer greater swing speed for more power. Although in this process, it compromises on control due to the flex at impact. However, the flex variation and colors make the shafts a suitable option for both professionals and amateurs. The lightweight graphite shafts are popular for people learning the swing speed especially seniors and lady golfers. They are an excellent choice for attaining greater distances. However, they need more care than steel shafts.
A new addition to the market is the multi-material shafts. They are used on irons and drivers as well. This shaft is a combination of steel and graphite offering the best of both materials. Typically the combination is a steel shaft with a graphite tip. The steel section enables control over the ball flight and the graphite tip limits the swing speed and dampens unwanted vibrations delivering a great feel. Therefore this combination is amazing if you are looking for a solid shaft with good control over the ball, achieving greater distance, unwanted vibration and lesser swing speed
The Golf shaft near the grip can have around 0.5-inch diameter and range between 35-48 inches in its length. The weight of the shaft depending on the material used and its length can be anywhere between 45 and 150 grams. The graphite shafts are made using carbon fiber and the modern shafts are manufactured with three layers of fiber winding delivering rigidity and likewise performance. The shaft flex range ranges from soft, regular, stiff and extra stiff too. The shafts are designed with different kick points – low/medium/high.
The quality of shafts depends upon the manufacturers. The quality further depends on the material used i.e stainless steel, graphite, or multi-material. However, it is not required that you need to own first quality shafts if you just play now and then. In this case, renting the shafts is economical. But if you are intended to play golf and improve your skills, you should consider spending the extra money to own quality shafts. Since the shaft is an important section in the golf iron, choosing the correct shaft is crucial for your game. The iron weights will be mismatched when you go for cheaper shafts as the commercial shafts differ with at least 7 grams of weight from manufacturer to manufacture.
BENEFITS OF GOLF SHAFT
Golf shafts are the number one priority for a good game. The shaft enables the golfer to transfer his/her energy to the ball through the clubhead. The entire goal of consistency is achieved by choosing the right shaft. The right shaft also gives you the best chance of getting hits on the center of the face for suitable launch options. The shafts are the ones that handle the force of the swing. When the golf shafts are stiff they have lesser torque and when they are light they give easy playability. The weight of the shaft also determines your game. Light shafts are suitable for slower swing speed and the heavier shafts for faster swing speed.
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT GOLF SHAFT
There are a few things to consider before buying a golf shaft. First, you should decide the type of golf shaft you prefer – steel/graphite/multi-material followed by the shaft technology – shaft flex, flex point, shaft torque, shaft length.
The shaft flex of one manufacturer may not be the same for all the others, but all shafts do display flex in some way. Torque will always be present irrespective of the type of shaft you choose although when the torque is low, lower is the trajectory.
If you are not sure of which one to go with you may go for the custom-fitted irons too. Point to be noted is, they are expensive but your game performance is extremely rewarded too.
Irons constitute the majority of the clubs we use. With the market having new Iron releases now and then, it can be very confusing to choose the right Iron for you. Getting the right Iron sets can be a game-changer for many golfers. Irrespective of being an amateur or a professional, the bottom line is you will need Irons that match your skill level and Personality. The three main factors you need to consider are the shaft index, shaft type, and head design. To help prevent the confusion, we have sorted and reviewed the best golf irons sets in the market for you to choose from. However, you can also feel free to explore other Irons as per your taste and expertise. Since Irons are expensive it is only wise to consider the best and test them a lot before you settle in for the purchase.